Naturopathic medicine is a system of primary care that addresses the root causes of illness and promotes healing through a broad range of natural therapies. These therapies include:
By exploring multiple factors contributing to your health concerns, naturopaths aim to gain a deeper understanding of the underlying causes of illness. This holistic and integrative approach helps to both alleviate disease symptoms and promote overall health and wellbeing.
Naturopathic doctors are regulated health professionals with 3-4 years of postsecondary education, plus 4 years of full time study at an accredited college of naturopathic medicine. Graduates receive the designation Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) and must successfully complete the national Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations as well as provincial Regulatory Board Examinations in order to qualify for licensing in Ontario.
Naturopathy is covered by most extended health plans. We also offer direct billing with several insurance companies.
We are pleased to offer a complimentary 15 minute consult for new patients.
WHAT TO EXPECT...
- New patient visits range from 60-90 minutes.
- Your naturopathic doctor will complete a thorough health history and review of your current complaints, along with indicated physical exams related to your primary health concerns
- Follow up appointments will vary in length and frequency depending on your primary concerns and the appropriate treatment recommendations
- The length of a follow-up appointment can be 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes
- With each visit your naturopathic doctor will offer their clinical impressions and treatment recommendations, and follow up with the progress of your treatment plans
- Visits may also include further physical examinations as needed, and may include acupuncture or other body work as determined by you and your naturopathic doctor
- Referrals to other healthcare practitioners and medical doctors will be continually considered and recommended to you as appropriate and necessary
- FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT please be sure to fill out the New Patient Intake Form
- Also consider bringing with you any medical assessments or lab results, and any medications or supplements you are currently taking