Osteopathy is a manual medicine focused on movement: the movement of joints, fluids, breath, energy, and emotions.
When circulation of any of these is blocked, discomfort, pain, disease or illness may occur. The work of the osteopathic practitioner is to find the obstruction and help reset the movement. Osteopathy can help treat back pain, joint pain, digestive issues, stress, pregnancy, and can address men's, women's and pediatric health. Osteopathic treatment can also address emotional health - helping to acknowledge, express and release emotions. After a complete assessment and in-clinic treatment, you will be left with food for thought, specific tailored breathing homework, and/or stretching exercises. With gentle and highly safe manual techniques, osteopathy helps your body to rebalance and heal.
Osteopathy is covered by most extended health plans. We also offer direct billing with several insurance companies.
We are pleased to offer a complimentary 15 minute consult for new patients.
What TO EXPECT...
- All visits (initial and follow up) will be 60 minutes in length.
- Time between follow up visits will vary depending on your condition or concern and practitioner recommendations.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Each visit will entail a full assessment - including patient medical history and a physical test - and an in clinic treatment.
- FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT please be sure to fill out the New Patient Intake Form